Location: St. Francis Convent, Little Falls, MN
Franciscan Sisters of Little Falls (FSLF) are currently seeking a knowledgeable and motivated individual to join our team as a Music Center Manager.
St. Francis Music Center opened its doors in the Fall of 1979 with four teachers offering private and group lessons in piano, strings, winds and dance. The Music Center now has a staff of 15 professional teachers. Sponsored by the Franciscan Sisters of Little Falls.
The Music Center offers private and group lessons for students of all ages in piano, organ, guitar, orchestral strings, voice, band instruments, preschool piano, and percussion. We offer classes in dance, gymnastics, preschool music, theory, composition and music therapy. Approximately 320 students per week take lessons at the Music Center.
Manages the overall function and success of the St. Francis Music Center.
Leadership involves developing programs to meet the goals of the board of the organization and the ability to lead the team to commit and achieve those goals.
· Maintains the values of the organization.
· Provides leadership and mentoring to all employees and co-workers.
· Consistently practices integrity, positive work ethic and attitude.
· Responsible for continuous improvement of the organization.
Involved in the day to day functions of the business/programs conducted for the purpose of meeting agreed upon objectives and goals.
· Hires, terminates, supervises, directs training and provides feedback to all staff and volunteers of the music program.
· Recruits, negotiates and prepares Independent Contractor agreements with instructors.
· Continuously researches/proposes new programs to enhance offerings and improve revenue.
· Develops and implements programs including student placement, music lessons, classes, camps, workshops and special programs such as the keyboard festival.
· Oversees and/or attend to equipment inventory, purchase, tuning and upkeep.
· Orders and tracks inventory for music/book store.
· Arranges for all aspects of recitals and programs.
· Leads monthly department meetings.
· Meets regularly with Executive Director
Financial or Fiscal Management
The efficient and effective management of money (funds) in such a manner as to accomplish the objectives of the organization.
· Prepares and submits to the executive director a monthly analysis of operations measured to the business plan of the organization.
· Prepares and manages annual department budget as well as monthly billings, collections, payroll, spending and overall budget.
· Monitors income from tuition, grants, sale of music and subsidies received from the Franciscan Sisters, donors, fund raisers, etc.
· Submits requests for capital expenditures.
· Negotiates Independent Contractor agreements according to policy set by the board.
· Maintains existing grants and able to obtain new grants.
The management process through which goods and services move from concept to the customer.
· Develops and implements a marketing plan that provides for the continued growth and success of the organization in its served market.
· Collaborates with other organizations as appropriate to increase the influence of the importance of the organization in the area.
· Assures social media presence contributes to overall success of the program and organization.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 3 years previous experience in a related field required
· Knowledgeable in field of music as it pertains to the multiple offerings of the center.
· Knowledgeable and experienced with proficient level of computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel).
· Strong/excellent communications skills: written, verbal, and presentational
· Able to lift 50 pounds
· Critical thinking skills
· Organizational and prioritization skills
Mail letter of interest, resume & 3 letters of reference by October 20, 2016, to Amy Scholl, Human Resources, Franciscan Sisters, 116 8 Ave SE, Little Falls, MN 56345 MFH/EOE